PO Box 12049
Tel: 0800 333 306
Head Office: (03) 332 7790
About The Organisation
Supporting New Zealanders with fertility issues - registered charity.
FertilityNZ is a national organisation dedicated to supporting, informing, educating, and advocating for men and women concerned with reproductive health, infertility, fertility preservation and all forms of whanau building.
FertilityNZ was founded in 1990 and is a volunteer based registered charity.
The purpose of FertilityNZ is to:
- support and provide information and understanding for men and women faced with fertility issues and infertility
- raise awareness about fertility issues and infertility
- provide a national voice for people affected by fertility issues and infertility
- provide information on causes, treatments, implications and impact of fertility issues and infertility - up to date, objective, and practical information means people can make informed choices about which paths to take
- represent the voice of the people affected by infertility on medical, ethical and policy issues
- provide opportunities to network and share experiences which helps remove the feelings of isolation felt by many people affected by fertility issues and infertility
- provide links between people affected by infertility and the doctors and specialists who provide treatment
- provide information and education so people can make choices which protect and enhance their fertility.
Fertility NZ has a vision of a "fertility friendly" and fertility aware New Zealand where:
- fertility issues and infertility are recognised, understood and supported
- all men and women faced with the medical condition of infertility have access to appropriate, timely and fully funded medical treatment
- men and women have all the information necessary to enable them to make informed decisions regarding their fertility
- young New Zealanders learn about fertility preservation
- fertility and all forms of whanau and family-building are respected and valued.
Fertility NZ provides support and information for people affected by fertility issues and infertility through:
- our website www.fertilitynz.org.nz
- providing a toll free number to provide ready access for all those seeking information and support
- supporting and working with regional FertilityNZ groups around New Zealand
- providing informative and up to date information to members
- publishing Pathways magazine, regional newsletters and fact sheet brochures
- providing information about local group happenings for consumer members through distribution of the regional consumer newsletter and on the website
- operating a Fertility NZ members resource library - books, magazines, videos - available on loan to members anywhere in New Zealand
- providing a forum for discussion and exploration of relevant issues
- hosting a regular conference for consumers of fertility services and all those involved in the infertility/fertility area.