Amber Moazzam - Plastic Surgeon
- Breast – Reduction, Reconstruction, Augmentation
- Hand Surgery – Carpal Tunnel, Dupuytren's, Trigger Finger
- Skin – Cancer, Botox, Burn Scar Surgery, Abdominoplasty, Otoplasty
- Reconstructive surgery: is performed on parts of the body that are abnormal or have been affected by a birth defect, accident or disease. This includes cleft lip and palate repair, scar revision or reconstruction (including skin grafts) following burns. Surgery is usually performed to improve function, but may also be performed to bring the appearance of a part of the body as close as possible to normal.
- Aesthetic or cosmetic surgery: improves appearance or body image by reshaping features of the face or body e.g. breast enlargement, face lift, liposuction.
Ormiston Hospital: alternate Tuesdays 9 am - 12 pm
Botany Specialists Medical Centre: alternate Tuesdays 2 pm - 5 pm
Airport Doctors: by appointment
Common Conditions / Procedures / Treatments
When a breast has been removed (mastectomy) because of cancer or other disease, it is possible in most cases to reconstruct a breast similar to a natural breast.… More
Surgery to increase breast size involves inserting silicone sacks (implants) filled with silicone gel or salt water (saline) under the chest muscle and skin.… More
This is an operation that can lift and reshape sagging breasts.… More
Surgery to reduce breast size involves making a cut (incision) around the areola (the dark area around the nipple) straight downwards and along the crease beneath the breast.… More
Problems with the appearance or function of the hand can be the result of injury, birth defects or degenerative conditions.… More
Scar appearance can be improved by various methods including a surgical procedure known as scar revision.… More
New Zealandhas a very high rate of skin cancer, when compared to other countries.… More
Skin lesions can be divided into two groups: benign (non-cancerous): e.g.… More
If the scar to be revised or skin lesion being removed is particularly large, a skin graft may be performed.… More
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
This procedure involves removing excess skin and fat from the stomach and tightening the muscles of the stomach wall.… More
This procedure removes unwanted pockets of fat from under your skin in specific parts of the body such as the chin, neck, upper arms, stomach, hips and thighs.… More
Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Excess skin and/or fat can be surgically removed from your upper and/or lower eyelids to give your skin a less wrinkled and puffy appearance.… More
Ear Surgery (Otoplasty)
The appearance of ears that are misshaped or protruding (‘bat ears’) can be improved surgically.… More
Also known as port wine stains or strawberry haemangiomas, these are non-cancerous, vascular skin lesions.… More
A naevus is a common skin growth composed of special pigment-producing cells.… More
Free parking is provided at my consulting locations.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 4:40PM on January 5, 2015. This information is reviewed and edited by Amber Moazzam - Plastic Surgeon.