Horizon Radiology Ltd
- diagnose disease states, such as cancer or heart disease
- show the extent of injury to body structures
- to aid in interventional procedures, such as angiography.
- Medical Radiation Technologists (MRTs) or Radiographers perform your X-ray examinations.
- Sonographers are MRTs who perform your ultrasound examinations.
- Radiologists are specialist doctors who read and understand your images. They will also be involved if you have a steroid injection and a number of other ultrasound procedures. They interpret the results of the images and send them to your doctor.
Most sites 5 days per week but some late nights and weekend hours available for ultrasound and X-rays.
7 Day X-ray located at:
- White Cross at Lunn Ave, Remuera
- Shorecare at Smales Farm
- Otara X-ray at ETHC
- Totara Healthcare at New Lynn
Procedures / Treatments
Surcharges may apply. More
Ultrasound works just like radar to make pictures of the internal organs or baby, except it uses very weak sound waves.… More
Steroid Injection with Ultrasound Guidance
Steroid injections are used to treat joints and tendons that are inflamed and sore.… More
X-rays are familiar to everyone, but there are a few things you need to be aware of.… More
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
We specialise in x-ray and ultrasound and do not do MRI. More
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 2:55PM on January 21, 2016. This information is reviewed and edited by Horizon Radiology Ltd.