North Shore Hospital Maternity Services (Waitemata DHB)
Early Pregnancy Clinic
The Early Pregnancy Clinic at North Shore Hospital sees women up to 19 weeks pregnant who have a confirmed pregnancy loss on ultrasound. Women must be well and have minimal symptoms. Self referrals are not accepted, all women need to be referred by either their GP or Lead Maternity Carer.
All women being referred should have had a referral letter, blood test results and scan report(s) faxed by the referring health professional prior to their first clinic appointment. Women may be asked to do further blood tests before they are seen in clinic.
Clinic Location & Times
- Clinics run Monday – Friday afternoons from 1pm.
- Women should report to Gynaecology Outpatient Reception on Level 1 of the Elective Surgical Centre at North Shore Hospital for their clinic appointment.
- Women will be seen in the clinic for an initial appointment to discuss treatment options and arrange a treatment plan. They do not need to attend the clinic fasting as this will be a consultative appointment only. Treatment, where appropriate, will be arranged for another day.
- North Shore Hospital Early Pregnancy Clinic Letter to GPs/LMCs Nov 2012 (PDF, 464.3 KB)
- Guideline for Bleeding in the First Trimester of Pregnancy (PDF, 77.5 KB)
Note: PDF downloads require the free Adobe Reader application to view.