Waitemata DHB Needs Assessment & Service Co-ordination (NASC)
About the Service
NASC helps older adults and their caregivers access support services in the community. We enable older adults to stay at home as safely and independently as possible as their needs change or following an admission to hospital.
NASC assists younger adults who require support services following illness or hospitalisation, have a chronic health condition or as part of a palliative care package.
We work with patients and their families/ whanau to assess and plan their support needs. NASC then coordinates support services for as long as they are applicable.
Some of the support services that may be available are:
- Assistance with personal cares such as showering, dressing, meal preparation, Meals on Wheels, medication, transfers and mobility
- Assistance with household management
- Aged Related Residential Care and in-home respite to allow the carer some "time out".
NASC can also advise on services which are income or asset tested and have an entry criteria.
- Self, family, caregivers, health professionals, GPs, hospital staff and specialists.
Support services are available through NASC if you are:
- Over 65 years of age and have a disability or health related need
- 16 to 64 years of age and have support needs resulting from an acute illness or you require palliative care
- 16 to 64 years of age and have support needs due to a chronic health condition.
Please contact the NASC Duty person for all NASC requests, information and advice:
Phone: (09) 442 7171 (8.00am - 4.30pm; Monday to Friday)
Fax: (09) 486 8997 (for referrals)
- No charge to New Zealand citizens and residents, providing you meet the set criteria. The Needs Assessor will discuss this at your assessment. Proof of residency may be required.
- Non New Zealand residents do not qualify and are not entitled to access this service.
- NASC Brochure Sep12 (PDF, 475.5 KB)
- Waitemata DHB Paid Family Carer Home Based Support Service Policy Feb15 (PDF, 187.2 KB)
Note: PDF downloads require the free Adobe Reader application to view.
(09) 442 7171 (8.00am - 4.30pm; Monday to Friday)
(09) 486 8997 (for referrals)
Please telephone the NASC Duty person for all NASC requests, information and advice.
136 Whangaparaoa Road
136 Whangaparaoa Road
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:31PM on April 13, 2016. This information is reviewed and edited by Waitemata DHB Needs Assessment & Service Co-ordination (NASC).