Capital & Coast DHB Radiology
This is a specialised scanning method using low-level radioactive isotopes, injected into the bloodstream. The scanner is called a gamma camera and is used to measure the radiation levels given off from the isotopes. Some types of this scan are used for the following: assessment of thyroid function, location of tumours and possible spread, checking of bone fractures, assessing damage to the heart after coronary episodes.
- Brain Perfusion Scan Information (PDF, 311.1 KB)
- 2 Day Brain Perfusion Scan (PDF, 297.9 KB)
- Gastric Emptying Scan (PDF, 249.9 KB)
- General Information about your Scan (PDF, 222.2 KB)
- GFR Scan Information (PDF, 294.2 KB)
- Guidelines for Breastfeeding Mothers Undergoing a Radionuclide Scan (PDF, 250.4 KB)
- Information about your Child’s Examination (PDF, 304.1 KB)
- Myocardial Perfusion (Stress & Rest Scan) (PDF, 401.5 KB)
- Radioiodine therapy (PDF, 326.6 KB)
- Sentinel Node Scan of the Breast (PDF, 306.9 KB)
Note: PDF downloads require the free Adobe Reader application to view.