Social Workers are available to assist patients and their families to adjust to the practical, personal and emotional issues that arise due to illness. We can provide counselling and/or refer you for practical assistance that might be needed when you, or somebody close to you, has a physical health problem or disability.
Social Workers are trained to assist with:
- Loss & Grief
- Family Violence and other forms of abuse
- Child Protection
- Lifestyle Changes
- Family Issues
- Social Justice
Social Workers can assist in practical matters such as:
- Referral to Community Resources and Services
- Transport Issues
- Accommodation and Housing
- Finances and Benefits
- Referral to Alcohol and Drug Services
- Information on Legal Issues
Social Workers are trained professionals who work within a multidisciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses and other Allied Health Professionals.