It is with great pleasure that we introduce the Auckland Breast Centre (ABC). ABC is a top level facility born of a vision by our specialist group to combine their expertise with state-of-the-art equipment to provide a premium service in a sensitive and caring manner.
We offer not only digital imaging, but a comprehensive ‘one stop shop’ for all breast conditions. This includes a multidisciplinary team providing:
- screening and diagnostic digital mammography
- interventional and biopsy service
- breast MRI
- sentinel lymph node mapping
- advice on benign breast conditions and lactation problems
- comprehensive breast cancer management
- specialist Breast Surgeon available every day
- reconstructive and cosmetic breast surgery
- regular multidisciplinary meetings to discuss optimum patient management
- Lymphoedema specialist and garment fitting
- Family history clinics
Why do we recommend digital breast imaging?
Digital mammography has been shown in international multicentre trials to detect more cancers in women who are under 50 years of age, have dense breasts or are pre-menopausal. Annual mammography in women over 40 years is life-saving and early detection is your best defence. We are complementing this with a new on-site MRI scanner to provide the very latest in breast imaging.
We welcome you to ABC and look forward to providing the highest quality focused care.