Scope of Service
BreastScreen Counties Manukau is part of BreastScreen Aotearoa.
is a free national breast screening programme that checks women for early breast cancer. The programme aims to reduce the number of women who die from breast cancer.
provides a free screening mammogram to all women aged between 45-69 years. Any follow up assessment that is required as a result of the BreastScreening Mammogram, is also free, and covered under the programme.
To be eligible to enrol with the BreastScreening programme you must be:
- A woman aged between 45 and 69 years
- Have no symptoms of breast cancer
- Have no evidence of breast cancer. If you have been previously diagnosed with breast cancer, you can enrol in the programme if it has been at least 5 years since your diagnosis
- Have not had a mammogram within the last 12 months
- Are not pregnant or breast feeding
- Are a New Zealand Resident. This includes women who usually live in the Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility to enrol on the programme, please feel free to call us on (09) 250 8000.
Services Not Provided
does not provide screening services for any women who do not meet the eligibility criteria listed above.
It is not for women who currently have symptoms of breast cancer, or who are outside the age range of 45-69 years.