Mercy Breast Clinic is a state-of-the-art boutique clinic with a specialist team and a very welcoming atmosphere.
We monitor breast health for both men and women and offer the services of a specialist breast nurse for clinical examinations to complement the mammogram. Each mammogram is reviewed by one of our specialist breast radiologists on site immediately following the mammogram and discussed with you individually. If necessary, our specialist team will offer further options which may include:
- cyst aspiration
- referral to a specialist breast surgeon.
Following your mammogram, each x-ray is reviewed by at least one other specialist breast radiologist.
- Breast Nurse Specialist - Jan Rowe is an experienced breast nurse who is on site to support all patients and their families through diagnosis and treatment if needed.
- Medical Radiation Technologists (MRTs) or Radiographers perform your mammography examinations and liaise with the radiologist on your behalf.
- Radiologists are specialist doctors who read and understand your films and do ultrasound on site. They interpret the results of the images, talk to you about them and send a report to your doctor.
- Specialist Breast Surgeons consult in the clinic and patients are referred to them from the radiologist or their family doctor.
- An Oncoplastic Surgeon consults at the clinic and can perform breast reconstruction and breast augmentation surgery. Appointments are arrranged through reception.