Your GP will send a referral letter to the Department explaining your condition. Your appointment time will be prioritised on your health need and an appointment time will be sent directly to you. The appointment will be in the outpatient clinic.
You may be sent a questionnaire prior to your clinic visit to assist us with making a diagnosis and determining if any tests need to be done prior to you seeing a specialist.
You will be assessed by specialised doctors. Recommendations and options regarding your future treatment plan will be discussed with you.
You need to bring to your appointment:
- Any letters or reports from your doctor or another hospital.
- Any X-Rays, CT or MRI films and reports.
- All medicines you are currently taking including herbal and natural remedies.
- Your pharmaceutical entitlement card.
Services provided at Middlemore Hospital include:
- Coronary angiography
- Coronary angioplasty
- CT coronary angiography
- Coronary Care Unit and the Step Down Unit
- Cardiology Ward (Ward 2)
- Echocardiography (transthoracic, transoesophageal and stress)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Exercise testing
- Tilt table testing
- Holter monitoring
- Pacemaker insertion and follow-up clinic
- Cardiac rehabilitation
Outpatient Clinics for patients referred by their GP are held at the Manukau and Botany SuperClinics™ and provide:
- Outpatient consulting
- Outpatient echocardiography
- Outpatient exercise testing