Home Services provides short term help to people who have had a recent hospital stay or health event that prevents them from fully caring for themselves.
We aim to maximise independence and self-reliance.
- Short term assistance with showering, basic housework and other tasks identified by your assessor
- equipment to improve your safety
- assessment for Meals on Wheels
- referral to long term if required.
What to expect?
- To best understand your needs, an assessor will visit you at home and complete an assessment. This may be done on a computer.
- your Assessor will let you know what assistance can be provided.
- the Carers allocated to you are employed by Auckland District Health Board. They are closely supervised by a Home Service Assessor.
- your needs will be reviewed, and changes made if necessary.