We offer community based rehabilitation for adults with stroke who meet the following:
- Stroke onset within the last 2 years (a discrete and identifiable acute neurological deficit, as a result of a vascular case, which has left a residual functional impairment)
- Patient and carer/family consent
- Medically stable
- Have a functional disability from the stroke
- Require rehabilitation input from a stroke specialist multidisciplinary team
- Be able to actively participate in rehabilitation by: able to set rehabilitation goals, have the capacity to learn and perform self directed rehabilitation
- Be able to transfer independently (if living alone) or with mobility equipment and the assistance of one (if living with carer/family)
- Discharge environment is suitable for community rehabilitation
- Adequate support (including equipment) able to be provided in the home
- Living in a defined location within the CMDHB catchment area.
Clients must be a NZ resident and live within the greater CMDHB catchment. (Excluding Franklin District, Home Health Care provides support for this area).
Referrals can be faxed or posted
Fax (09) 270 4751
Community Based Rehabilitation Team
Private Bag 93311
To discuss an urgent case or a referral please contact the Section Head.
Section Head: Phone (09) 276 0044 ext 8659
Hours of Service:
Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm
On receipt of a referral or discharge from hospital, the client should be contacted within 5 working days. Upon acceptance of the referral and assessment of risk the client should be visited within 10 to 20 working days.