Counties Manukau Health Intensive Care Unit & High Dependency Unit
Procedures / Treatments
In the ICU blood tests are usually done at least twice a day.… More
A patient with critical illness will commonly develop problems with their heart and circulation.… More
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is no longer able to provide enough oxygen requirements or remove enough carbon dioxide from the body.… More
A nasogastric tube is often inserted at the same time as the endotracheal tube.… More
Kidney (or renal) failure is when a patient’s kidneys are unable to remove wastes and excess fluid from the blood.… More
- Visiting between 8:00am-11:00am is not recommended. This is a busy time of day with x-rays and doctors' rounds.
- Visiting is restricted after 9:00pm. Our patients are sick and sleep is a vital part of their healing. Exceptions can be made for special circumstances.
- Please keep visitors to 2 per patient. This is for the privacy of other patients and safety. Exceptions will be made in special circumstances.
- Children are welcome to visit at the discretion of the parents, but please ensure children are supervised.
- Please appoint a spokesperson who is responsible for passing on information to family and friends, and please let nurses know who the spokesperson is.