Intensive Community Team (ICT)
We are a specialist community based mental health service promoting recovery. We are a highly mobile, intensive, multi-disciplinary team that provides ongoing treatment and support to people with severe mental health problems.
Through innovation and dedication to the service of our patients, we will provide healthcare solutions that are measured as successful by the patient, the healthcare team and the organisation.
To provide successful healthcare solutions, we need to provide the right care, in the right amount, at the right time and in the right setting.
Who will need our service?
People who have been identified as having high needs in relation to their mental health illness which has been ongoing for more than 12 months.
People who have:
- high clinical and support needs
- difficulies in engaging with mental health services
- high ongoing risks.
How we can help you
We aim to ensure that people with intensive ongoing mental health issues have engaged and accessed the community and mental health services and resources they need. A team of specialists in the field of mental health will work together with you to provide your clinical and support needs.
The team of specialists is made up of:
- a nurse case manager
- a community support worker or social worker
- a doctor
- access to an occupational therapist.
To help you recover we provide:
- availablity 7 days a week 8.00am to 4.30 pm
- a consistent nurse and support worker for each client
- we cover the South Auckland area
- information and education
- liaison with community agencies
- help with taking your medication (if needed)
- help with work and social issues.
How to access the service
After a discussion with you, your doctor and other mental health workers or agencies, a referral will be sent through to the Intensive Community Team.
You will then be contacted by a member of the Team and a meeting will be organised with all those concerned.
If you are unhappy or have any concerns please contact us.