At Southern Cross Hospital in Wellington we want you to feel well cared for and that you leave our hospital satisfied with the care you have received. A hospital visit can be an anxious time and we will do all we can to make your experience a comfortable and positive one. A very capable team will take care of you.
Investing in quality
At our Wellington hospital, our promise is a quality-driven service. We deliver quality care, not only to Southern Cross members, but also to patients with other private medical insurers.
Increasingly, we are providing services to those who pay for surgery themselves, and to patients funded by ACC and through other specific public funding arrangements.
Whilst in our Wellington hospital, patients can expect:
- a professional, caring nursing team, whose focus is on the patients’ wellbeing and comfort
- comfortable private rooms for overnight stay, with a large ensuite, television and radio facilities
- nourishing, quality meals for overnight patients (with attention to your special dietary needs on request)
- a modern, well-equipped day-stay facility for those not requiring overnight stay
- support from our team to ensure that from admission to discharge, the administrative procedures run as smoothly as possible
- delivery of complimentary newspapers on request
- flexible visiting hours and visiting arrangements to ensure a restful environment for all of our patients
- free parking facilities.
As demand for new services grows within the Wellington region, we continue to invest in our facilities to ensure that we respond to the needs of specialists and patients in the greater Wellington region and beyond.
Gynaecological Surgery is provided by 7 surgeons. They are: