The Orthotic Centre was established in 1991 and is New Zealand's largest and most comprehensive orthotic service.
The Centre is professionally staffed by a team of experienced, degree- qualified clinical orthotists, supported by highly skilled technicians, and has a proud record in providing quality services to private, ACC and Crown funded clients.
What is Orthotics?
Orthotic supports (orthoses) provide conservative, non invasive and cost-effective assistance in the management of many rehabilitation and disability conditions. The purpose of orthoses is to immobilise, support, prevent abnormality, correct abnormality or to assist/restore function in joints, limbs or muscles.
There is a wide variety of orthoses, including supports, corsets, braces, calipers, cervical collars and slings. Other examples are surgical footwear and footwear items (insoles, arch supports, shoe raises, heel cups). Depending on requirements, orthoses may be trial fitted "off the shelf", modified and provided immediately, or may need to be custom designed and custom manufactured. Each is fitted to meet individual client's needs and the goals of the prescriber.
Clinical Orthotists working at our Ellerslie Centre:
- Hiren Champaneri, BSc (Hons) Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Shiv Sheet, BSc (Hons) Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Pratibha Sheet, BSc (Hons) Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Moss Henderson, Endorsed Cert. in Orthotics
- Taryn Seaman, BTech Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Mark Leonida, Dip in Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Jency John, B Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Shraddha Rasal, BSC Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Jessica Dunn, B Health Science Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Mairead Nolan, BSC (Hons) Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Trudy Perkins, BSC(Hons) Prosthetics & Orthotics
Clinical Orthotists working at our North Shore Centre:
- Sara Sheehan, Endorsed Cert. in Orthotics
Clinical Orthotists working at our Hamilton Centre:
- Werner Sonnendecker. Nat. Dip. in Orthotics & Prosthetics S.A
- Michael Batters, NZOPBC Accredited
Clinical Staff working at our Wellington Centre
- Steven Bertels, Branch Manager MSc Health Tech Biomechanical Engineering
- Dennis Libline, Endorsed Cert in Orthotics
- Lauren Milstead, BSc (Hons) Prosthetics & Orthotics
Clinical Staff Working at our Christchurch Centre
- Paul Ward, General Manager, Endorsed Cert. in Orthotics
- Dave Bowick, Endorsed Cert. in Orthotics
- Mark Smith, Endorsed Cert. in Orthotics
Clinical Staff working at our Dunedin Centre
- Brent Fisher, Senior Clinical Orthotist
- Neil Derbyshire, Clinical Orthotist
Clinical Staff working at our Invercargill Centre
- Geoffrey Storm, Clinical Orthotist
- Susan Hurring, Locum Orthotist
- Angela Matheson, Locum Orthotist