The Day Stay Unit at Starship is a small, busy unit providing comprehensive medical and surgical care on a short term basis. This includes:
- minor surgery such as tonsillectomy, dental procedures or the insertion of grommets
- pre-admission for surgical procedures that require a stay in hospital
- investigative procedures such as MRI or CT
- medical services such as treatments for gastrointestinal and autoimmune diseases
- check-ups following surgery
- monitoring of some chronic health conditions
- infusions of medication.
If your child is being admitted to the Day Stay Unit, in most cases that means your child comes to the hospital, has their treatment/operation/procedure and goes home on the same day. If your child will require a stay in hospital, you will be advised when you receive your admission letter.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: From the 10th December 2012, the Day Stay Unit will be located in Ward 31, Auckland City Hospital. When you enter the hospital from Car Park B, follow the blue line on the floor to the Auckland City Hospital lifts. Take the lift to Level 3 - turn right out of the lift and right down the corridor to Ward 31, which is located on your right.