I have been seeing patients in private practice in Auckland since 2000 and have been based at the EastMed clinic since 2007. My initial training was in paediatrics, then further specialising in allergy and clinical immunology. I am happy to see infants, children and young people up until the age at which they finish school.
Common conditions referred for my assessment include:
- Food allergy and intolerance
- Allergic rhinitis
- Recurrent infection
Investigations and treatment may include:
- Allergy skin prick tests
- Blood tests (including “RAST” or specific IgE tests)
- Dietary modification
- Prescription of low allergy formula
- Allergen avoidance protocols
- Desensitisation (generally sublingual or SLIT rather than injection)
- Dietitian referral
- Provision of allergic reaction plans.