If your child has developmental support needs, the Child Development Service can provide specialised support to help them develop and grow.
We believe that family is the constant in a child's life and that families want what's best for their child. You will be supported to develop goals which work toward your child and family's hopes and aspirations.
Where possible, your child will be seen at home, pre-school or in the community. If your child has a need for specialised equipment our team can help you apply for funding. We take a team approach - one or more team members may be involved with your family.
We can also provide access to clinical psychology support. Interpreting services are available for parents who need this support.
- Visiting Neurodevelopmental Therapists (VNT) assist babies and toddlers with all areas of their early development through positioning and play.
- Speech Language Therapists (SLT) support families where there are feeding difficulties and help with early communication through play.
- Dietitians give advice on nutrition, food or supplements needed for healthy growth.
- Physiotherapists (PT) focus on posture, movement and physical skills needed for activity.
- Occupational Therapists (OT) encourage the development of hand function and support the learning of specific skills your child needs for every day living.
- Social Workers support families to reduce stress and assist in managing family and community life.
We also work closely with:
Needs Assessment Service (NASC)
Ministry of Education, Special Education
Pre-schools and Schools
Homecare for Kids
New Zealand CCS
Ohomairangi Early Intervention Service