- Reconstructive surgery: is performed on parts of the body that are abnormal or have been affected by a birth defect, accident or disease. This includes cleft lip and palate repair, cranio-facial reconstruction, scar revision or reconstruction (including skin grafts) following burns. Microvascular free flap surgery is often used in head and neck reconstruction after major cancer removals and in the lower limb for large traumatic bone and skin defects (after car and motorbike accidents). Surgery is usually performed to improve function, but may also be performed to bring the appearance of a part of the body as close as possible to normal.
- Aesthetic or cosmetic surgery: improves appearance or body image by reshaping features of the face or body e.g. breast enlargement, breast reduction, rhinoplasty, otoplasty, brow lift, face lift, eyelid tightening (blepharoplasty), abdominoplasty, body contouring, liposuction.
Services offered at the Auckland Plastic Surgical Centre include:
- facial rejuvenation (face, neck and brow lifts, eye tucks, lip enhancement, Botox and dermal fillers)
- nose (rhinoplasty) and ear reshaping (otoplasty)
- breast enlargement, reduction, lifting and reconstruction
- abdominal and lower body recontouring
- liposuction & liposculpture
- trauma reconstruction and scar revision
- diagnosis and excision of skin cancers and moles
- surgery for paediatric problems and congenital anomalies e.g. Dermoid cysts, vascular malformations, cleft lip & palate, extra or fused fingers (syndactyly), hypospadius
- a wide range of hand surgical procedures e.g. Dupuytren's contracture, carpal tunnel syndrome, tendon and nerve repairs.
The Auckland Plastic Surgical Centre team is experienced and supportive and will make sure time is available for all your questions and concerns to be addressed.
The Centre also offers free confidential telephone or email information and discussion, with no obligation to proceed with surgery.