Murray Beagley practises in both the public and private sectors.
At his private practice at Plastic Surgery Auckland he specialises in:
- Skin cancer surgery - and other skin surgery
- Hand surgery
- Breast Surgery - augmentation, reduction, lift
- Abdominoplasty - tummy tuck
- Otoplasty - pinning back of ears
- Blepharoplasty - eyelid rejuvenation
- Genitoplastic surgery - both paediatric and adult
- Botox and fillers
He has operating privileges at the leading private hospitals including Ascot Hospital, Brightside, Gillies & Auckland Surgical Centre, Quay Park and now at his own theatre at Plastic Surgery Auckland, Suite 6, 9 St Marks Road, Remuera, Auckland.
Mr Beagley also does ACC assessments, including those that are urgent, at Handworks in Greenlane (hand injuries), Ponsonby White Cross and Lunn Avenue White Cross.
What is Plastic Surgery?
Plastic surgery covers a wide range of different surgical procedures that repair, reconstruct or replace structures in many different parts of the body including the skin, face and head, hands, breast and stomach. Plastic surgery does not involve the use of plastic materials.
- Reconstructive surgery: is performed on parts of the body that are abnormal or have been affected by a birth defect, accident or disease. This includes scar revision or reconstruction (including skin grafts) following burns. Surgery is usually performed to improve function, but may also be performed to bring the appearance of a part of the body as close as possible to normal.
- Aesthetic or cosmetic surgery: improves appearance or body image by reshaping features of the face or body e.g. breast enlargement, abdominoplasty and liposuction.