Dr Stephen Mills is one of New Zealand's most accomplished and highly regarded plastic surgeons.
Stephen studied medicine and trained as a plastic surgeon in New Zealand, gaining his surgical fellowship (FRACS) in 1996.
He then worked overseas with some of the world’s top plastic surgeons and cosmetic surgeons in Britain and Australia. Returning from overseas in 1999, Stephen became a plastic surgery consultant at Middlemore Hospital where his work has been internationally acknowledged.
Dr Mills began his private plastic surgery practice in 2003 where he specialises in:
- Skin Cancer: BCC, SCC, Melanoma
Breast Surgery: Breast Enlargement, Breast Lift and Breast Reduction, Breast Reconstruction and Gynaecomastia
- Cosmetic Surgery: Tummy Tuck, Arm Reduction, Eyelid Surgery, Browlift, Facelift, Liposuction, Necklift and Otoplasty
- Skin Surgery: Scar Revisions, Mole and Benign Lesion Removal, Excessive Armpit Sweating
- Hand Surgery: Carpal Tunnel Release, Dupuytrens and Ganglions.
- Reconstructive surgery: is performed on parts of the body that are abnormal or have been affected by a birth defect, accident or disease. This includes cleft lip and palate repair, scar revision or reconstruction (including skin grafts) following burns. Surgery is usually performed to improve function, but may also be performed to bring the appearance of a part of the body as close as possible to normal.
- Aesthetic or cosmetic surgery: improves appearance or body image by reshaping features of the face or body e.g. breast enlargement, face lift, liposuction.