Horizon Radiology offers a wide range of diagnostic imaging services including x-rays, ultrasounds, pregnancy scans and steroid injections. All in friendly, modern clinics with expert staff.
We have cared for a huge number of grateful people since we provided Auckland's first free ultrasound scans nearly a decade ago.
What is Radiology?
Radiological procedures are used for looking at the internal structures of the body, whether bone or soft tissue. Usually these examinations are carried out to:
- diagnose disease states, such as cancer or heart disease
- show the extent of injury to body structures
- to aid in interventional procedures, such as angiography.
The radiologist may use different methods such as, X-ray, Computer Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Ultrasound as well as some other specialised types of radiological imaging.
- Medical Radiation Technologists (MRTs) or Radiographers perform your X-ray, barium and mammography examinations.
- Sonographers are MRTs who perform your ultrasound examinations.
- Radiologists are specialist doctors who read and understand your films. They will also be involved if you have an intravenous urogram (IVU), barium study, mammogram and a number of other ultrasound procedures. They interpret the results of the images and send them to your doctor.