Specialist Radiology and MRI Limited (SRG) is a radiologist-owned practice with an excellent team of radiologists, MRI technicians, radiographers, sonographer and reception staff available to cater for common and specialised radiology procedures.
We specialise in:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (3 Tesla MRI)
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound including steroid/ autologous blood injections/ calcium aspiration
- Musculoskeletal Intervention, such as nerve root injections (cervical and lumbar), epidural and facet joint injections, joint injections/ aspirations, arthrography.
We have installed a Philips MRI 3.0 Tesla scanner which produces high quality images of unsurpassed resolution. The advantages of 3 Tesla MRI are particularly evident in the diagnosis of disorders of the spine, pelvis, vascular and musculoskeletal systems.
Radiological procedures are used for looking at the internal structures of the body, whether bone or soft tissue. Usually these examinations are carried out to:
- diagnose disease states, such as cancer or heart disease
- show the extent of injury to body structures
- aid in interventional procedures to help with pain relief.
We work closely with Orthopaedic Surgeons and other Specialists to ensure high quality imaging is performed, thus avoiding the need to repeat examinations.
- Medical Radiation Technologists (MRTs) or Radiographers perform your X-ray examination and MRI scans.
- Sonographers perform your ultrasound examinations.
- Radiologists are specialist doctors who read and understand your films. They interpret the results of the images and send reports to your doctor.