MB BS 1984 Mysore; FRACS 1993; FRACS 1999
Mr Peter Vann (Vanniasingham)
Vascular Surgery Specialist Fellowship Australia and UK, Member Division of Vascular Surgery Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Member of Australian and NZ Society of Vascular Surgery, Member of NZ Society of Vascular Surgery.
Vascular Surgery all aspects:
- Carotid Disease - Stroke Prevention - Endarterectomy
- Aortic Aneurysm & Occlusive Disease - Endovascular Stent Graft and Open Aneurysm Bypass Surgery
- Peripheral Arterial Bypass (PVD) - Endovascular / Surgery - for Limb Salvage - Lower and Upper Limbs - Stenting and Surgical Revascularisation
- Varicose Veins - Treatment/Scanning
- Venous Surgery and Vein Treatment
- Vascular Access for Dialysis and Oncology.
Dr Vann had all his surgical training in Auckland and rotated through the hospitals in Auckland since 1985. He passed the FRACS in General Surgery in 1993 and was a consultant surgeon at Auckland Public Hospital prior to being selected into the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Post Fellowship Vascular Programme. He spent the first year of his Vascular Fellowship at the Royal Melbourne Hospital under the tutelage of De Bakey and Crawford, trained vascular surgeons, and the second year at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane. He passed the FRACS in Vascular Surgery in 1998 and was the first New Zealand surgeon to obtain this fellowship by examination.
Peter Vann holds both fellowships of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and Edinburgh by examination. He then worked as a specialist vascular fellow in the UK with Professor Sir Peter Bell, world renown for his pioneering work in endovascular and vascular techniques. He also worked with Professor Ross Naylor, carotid guru, and Professor Matt Thompson - pioneering thoracic endovascuiar stent graft surgery in the UK.
Positions Held & Memberships:
- Specialist Vascular Surgeon, Auckland Regional Vascular Unit ,Auckland City Hospital. Head of Vascular Surgery CMDHB- Middlemore 1999 to 2008,
- Visiting Specialist Vascular Surgeon MercyAscot, Brightside Southern Cross & Ormiston hospitals.
- Member Division Vascular Surgery RACS, member ANZSVS and NZSVS,
- Vascular Surgery fellowships UK & Australia.
First NZ vascular surgeon to obtain the FRACS (Vascular) by examination.
Southern Cross affiliated provider for varicose veins.