MB ChB 1995 Auckland; FRACS (GS) 2006
Mr Richard Babor
I am originally from Wellington. I attended Auckland Medical School, graduating in 1995. I trained in General Surgery in New Zealand and then undertook further training in upper gastro-intestinal, liver, biliary and pancreas surgery and surgery for obesity at Royal Prince Alfred and St George Hospitals in Sydney, Australia.
I returned to New Zealand in February 2008 to take up a position as a General, upper gastro-intestinal and Bariatric surgeon at Counties Manukau DHB. Currently about half my practice is taken up by obesity surgery.
Areas of expertise:
- Laparoscopic biliary surgery
- Laparoscopic anti-reflux surgery
- Open and laparoscopic surgery for upper GI cancer
- Open and laparoscopic liver and pancreas surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery for morbid obesity
- Clinical Fellow in Upper GI and Hepato-biliary Surgery, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney 2006
- Clinical Fellow in Upper GI and Bariatric Surgery, St George Hospital, Sydney, 2007