Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website. In using this website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must refrain from using the website.
In these terms and conditions, the expressions “we”, “us” and “our” are a reference to Healthpoint Limited.
2 Amendments to Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on this website. Your continued use of the website following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended.
Healthpoint highlights the fact that the placement of information (including links to other websites) on the website does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by Healthpoint of any health supplier or its services, and as such use of the services of health suppliers featured on this website is undertaken at the user's own risk, unless specifically stated otherwise.
In addition, Healthpoint accepts no responsibility for:
- any loss, damage or inconvenience however caused (including but not limited to by way of negligence) which the user or any party for whom this website is used may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with the use or reliance on any information or links contained on this website; or
- any interference or damage to the user's or other computer systems which arises in connection with the use of this or any linked website.
To the extent that by law we can, any condition or warranty is hereby excluded. Where any law implies a condition or warranty, and we can't by law exclude or modify our liability, any such condition or warranty will apply; our liability however for a breach of any such law is limited to:
- the supplying of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
The decision as to which (if any) of these remedies applies is Healthpoint Limited's, unless otherwise required by law.
It is entirely the user's responsibility to:
- ensure that access to this website is not illegal or prohibited by applicable laws; and
- ensure that the process which the user employs for accessing this website does not expose them to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may cause damage to their or other computer systems.
Furthermore, Healthpoint does not:
- warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any information (including links contained within it) contained on this website; or
- undertake to keep this website (including links contained within it) updated; or
- accept responsibility for the content or privacy practices associated with linked websites.
Copyright in this website (including text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recording and software) is owned or licensed by us other than for the purposes of and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1994 and similar legislation which applies in your location and except as expressly authorised by these terms and conditions, you may not in any form or by any means:
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this website; or
- commercialise any information products or services obtained from any part of this website;
without our written permission.
5 Trade Marks
Except where otherwise specified, any word or device to which is attached the ™ or ® symbol is a registered trade mark
If you use any of our trade marks in reference to our activities products or services you must include a statement attributing that trade mark to us. You must not use any of our trade marks:
- in or as the whole or part of your own trade marks;
- in connection with activities products or services which are not ours;
- in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive;
- in a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services (inc1uding this website).
6 Restricted Use
Unless we agree otherwise in writing, you are provided with access to this website only for your personal use. You are authorised to print a copy of any information contained on this website for your personal use, unless such printing is expressly prohibited. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not without our written permission on-sell information obtained from this website.
8 Security of Information
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
9 Termination of Access
Access to this website may be terminated at any time by us without notice. Our disclaimer will nevertheless survive any such termination.
10 Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws in force in New Zealand.
11 Password Security
Once you have been issued with a Healthpoint username and password, you become responsible for their security and for any use of the Healthpoint site conducted through them.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on this website.
This website is provided by Healthpoint Limited for interested persons to obtain medical and health information and information about health providers.
Currently we do not collect personal information through this website unless you have otherwise agreed to it.
We utilise cookies which enable us to analyse the number of visitors to the website and to monitor the traffic and usage patterns so to service you more efficiently if you revisit the site. Your personal information will not be collected by the cookies until you have registered with or logged onto the website, in which case, your login name and password details may be identified and collected. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
If for any reason this website is enabled to collect personal information in the future, it will be used only for our internal purposes. The use and disclosure of personal information in such circumstances will be governed by the Privacy Act 1993.
We will preserve the content of any email you send us if we believe we have the legal requirement to do so.
Your e-mail message content may be monitored by us for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of e-mail abuse is suspected.
All information which we collect from you (including your contact details and, if relevant, credit card details) is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate, however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
We consider it is the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our website.