Phone (04) 298 6069
Fax (04) 298 3213
Kapiti Health Centre - Te Tari Hauora
This purpose-built facility was opened at the end of October 2003.
The Kapiti Health Centre provides a variety of services:
- Outpatient Clinics - these range from clinics offering diabetes advice, through to a visiting podiatrist, a child development team, endocrinologists, obstetricians, paediatricians, a rehabilitation specialist, and other specialists.
- Community Health - provides the local community with the services of district nurses, occupational therapists, healthcare assistants, social workers, physiotherapists, dietitians, rehabilitation staff, etc .
- Maternity Unit & Obstetrics - located at the rear of the main building, the two-bedded Maternity Unit has a team of experienced midwives who also provide free pregnancy testing, an antenatal education program, midwifery support for labour and births and a postnatal support group. There are also specialist obstetric clinics held fortnightly by a visiting team from Wellington Hospital.
Visiting Hours 11am - 8:30pm. Partners, siblings and families may visit when convenient although there are no facilities for overnight stays.
Women can be transferred from Wellington Hospital for their postnatal stay if bed space is available.
Independent Midwives also operate from Kapiti Health Centre.
- Mental Health - services provided by the DHB’s Mental Health Service include Child, Adolescent and Family, Methadone Clinics, Early Intervention, Maternal Mental Health, Crisis Assessment & Treatment, Community Alcohol & Drug, and Maori Mental Health.
- Kapiti Health Centre Site Map (PDF, 2.5 MB)
Note: PDF downloads require the free Adobe Reader application to view.
Travel by Train
The walking distance from Paraparaumu Railway Station is 1km (12-15 minutes). Or take a No. 71 or 72 bus to Kapiti Road and walk 500m.
Tavel by Bus
For information on public transport click here or contact 0800 801 700.
There are no pharmacy facilities on site, the nearest are as follows:
- Unichem Kapiti Coast Pharmacy located at the Kapiti Lights shopping complex.
- Radius Care Pharmacy located within the Coastland Shoppingtown.
Mobile Surgical Services
The surgical bus visits Kapiti Health Centre approximately every 2 months.…
Mary Potter Hospice
The Community Hospice in Paraparaumu was established in 1996 to meet the needs of people on the Kapiti Coast who needed the services of the Hospice, but did not need or want to come into the inpatient unit in Newtown.…
Accessing Health Information
If you are or have been a patient/client of Capital & Coast DHB you have a right to ask and be given access to any personal health information.…