Breast Cancer Foundation NZ
Cancer Network Group Service
Breast Cancer Foundation NZ has a vision of zero deaths from breast cancer. We’re working towards this by promoting breast awareness and early detection to all women and men, and breaking down barriers that stop every eligible woman from getting her mammogram. We’re funding the latest technologies in our hospitals and world class researchers to develop new treatments. We actively support patients recovering from treatment and those living with breast cancer to improve their quality of life.
Support for people with breast cancer
We understand the impact that breast cancer has on patients and their whānau. We provide a range of free support services; some may require a medical referral.
- Free 0800 nurse advice line
Whether you have breast cancer, are supporting someone with breast cancer, or want to know more about your breast health, our specialist breast cancer nurses are available to take your call.
- Online mybc community
Our free online community connects you with others affected by breast cancer.
- Free Counselling
We fund counselling sessions for you and your family.
- Rehab after surgery
To aid recovery after breast cancer surgery, we fund four sessions of physiotherapy with a specialised PINC physiotherapist.
- Lymphoedema Therapy
If you’re at risk, or have early signs of lymphoedema, we fund your initial consultations with a specialised lymphoedema therapist. Therapy includes assessment, education and management.
Education and Breast Awareness
Survival rates are higher when breast cancer is found early, so educating New Zealanders on the importance of early detection is vital.
- National Nurse Educator – workplace or community education.
- Pink Caravan – travels around New Zealand to promote breast health and screening.
- Health Information - our resources include high-quality written and web-based information on breast cancer. Order resources here
- Pink Directory - our directory connects people to the resources and services available in their community. View the Pink Directory
Education for health professionals
- Online Learning - free breast cancer learning modules for GP’s, nurses and health professionals. View the modules here
- Breast Cancer Grants - we fund health professionals to attend specialised training and conferences. Find out more here
Breast Cancer Foundation NZ funds New Zealand-based research projects to improve outcomes for breast cancer patients.
- Clinical trials and pilots
We provide grants to support local clinical trials and the introduction of new technologies. We maintain a database of all active and pending clinical trials for breast cancer in New Zealand. View trials here
- Breast Cancer Foundation National Register
We fund a national register which collects information on breast cancer patients in New Zealand. It is a vital, confidential resource to help doctors and researchers improve diagnosis, treatment and patient outcomes. View the National Register
Breast Cancer Foundation NZ works to ensure that issues that are important for our breast cancer community have a high profile at every level of society. We continue to lobby within the health system and to politicians and decision-makers for the best treatment for all New Zealanders.
|Mon – Fri||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Nursing support services
- Support during treatment
- Support for family/whānau/partners
- Clinical trials
To speak with our nurses
0800 BC NURSE (0800 2268 773)
09 304 0766
0800 902 732
Research and Media Enquiries
09 304 0961
11 York Street
11 York Street
PO Box 99650
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 2:40PM on September 16, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Breast Cancer Foundation NZ.