Cancer Society Northland
Cancer Network Group Service
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
The Cancer Society of New Zealand is an independent non-government organisation dedicated to reducing the incidence and impact of cancer in the community through research, support, information and health promotion.
Regarded as one of New Zealand's most trusted charities, the Cancer Society is reliant on donations and bequests.
The services we offer include
- Psychosocial support from experienced nurses which includes advice on concerns, assistance with transport and accommodation
- Domain Lodge is an accommmodation servcie for those having cancer treatment in Auckland
- Health Promotion advocacy to prevent cancer
- We also are a major private funder of cancer research
Our nurses focus on supporting patients especially at the time of diagnosis, and after treatment. They are available to visit people at home, or provide support over the phone as required.
While we directly empoly one nurse who works our of our office in Whangarei we also have partnerships with the PHO and four Māori providers who have nurses who work in collabroation with us to cover Northland.
Cancer Society Northland covers the area between Kaiwaka in the South and Cape Reinga in the North, and is a service of the Cancer Society Auckland division.
in terms of health promotion the Cancer Society Northland works collaboratively with other community groups to achieve healthy public policy and to promote healthy lifestyle choices.
Being smokefree, practising sunsmart behaviour, eating a healthy diet, limiting alcohol consumption, and being active as part of everyday life can help to reduce the risk of developing some cancers as well as other chronic diseases.
Some of the activities carried out by the Cancer Society to reduce the risk of cancer include advocacy and education in the areas of:
- SunSmart Schools Accreditation programme
- SunSmart workplaces
- Smokefree parks and playgrounds
- Sunsmart and Smokefree events
- Healthy eating and catering choices
There are many ways to support the Cancer Society and people living with cancer in your community.
Become a volunteer
Cancer Society volunteers provide help and support in a number of areas:
- Transporting patients to treatment and appointments
- Clerical support at Daffodil House
- Assisting with events such as Daffodil Day and Relay For Life
- Make a donation
By supporting the Cancer Society you are helping to provide free support services and information for people affected by cancer and also supporting vital scientific research into causes and treatment of cancer.
Nursing support services
Wellness / healthy lifestyle
- Support during treatment
- Support groups
Bowel, Breast, Leukaemia & Blood, Lung, Prostate, Others, Skin Cancer / Melanoma
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
|Mon – Fri||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
Our office hours are officially 9am till 4pm Monday to Friday.
Public Holidays: Closed on all public holidays.
How to access this service
Having cancer can be hard, finding help needn't be.
If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with cancer, we are here to help. We offer a range of free support services for people living with cancer, their family/whanau and friends.
- Cancer Information Service
- Community Liaison Nursing Service
- Counselling and Psychology Service
- Help with transport to treatment
- Accommodation during treatment
Cancer Information Helpline
Our Cancer Information Helpline is a national toll-free service available to people with cancer, their family/whanau, the general public and health professionals.
Experienced cancer nurses are available to answer your phone call or email on any cancer-related question, in confidence and in plain language.
Call them to find out about:
• all types of cancer
• cancer treatments and side effects
• clinical trials and research
• coping with cancer
• support in the community
• what you can do to reduce your cancer risk
• complementary and alternative therapies.
For cancer information and support phone the Cancer Information Helpline on 0800 CANCER (226 237) or email
Visit our website
Call in to Daffodil House at 73 Kamo Road, Kensington, Whangarei
or to make an appointment or find out more contact Cancer Society Northland on
(09) 437 5593 or toll-free 0800 366 066
(09) 437 5593
(09) 437 5602
To make an appointment or find out more please contact the Cancer Society Northland on (09) 437 5593 or toll-free 0800 366 066
73 Kamo Road
73 Kamo Road
PO Box 8100
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 1:51PM on November 19, 2018. This information is reviewed and edited by Cancer Society Northland.