We are here to support local people and their families when they are faced with a diagnosis of cancer.
FREE services we provide include:
- one on one support with our Supportive Care Coordinator
- transport to treatment or appointments locally, in Palmerston North or Wellington
- information brochures and books
- softies for breast cancer aftercare
- support groups for men
- health promotion programmes & initiatives including sunsmart schools, shade and sunscreen loans & workplace presentations.
Outside services that we subsidise and/or facilitate include:
- counselling - by appointment
- massage therapy - weekly by appointment
- breastcare consultants (prosthesis & bras) - three times a month
|Mon – Fri||8:30 AM – 3:00 PM|
Public Holidays: Closed on all public holidays.
Christmas: Open 21 Dec — 22 Dec. Closed 23 Dec — 4 Jan.
How to access this service
Contact us directly for more information.
Aids and equipment
- Home & family
Exercise and relaxation
- Massage therapy
- Social work
- Support during treatment
- Support for family/whānau/partners
- Support groups
- National Travel Assistance Scheme
- Private transport
- Volunteer driving services
Welfare & advocacy services
- Advocacy services
Breast, Childhood Cancers, Gynaecological, Leukaemia and Blood, Lung, Prostate, Skin Cancer / Melanoma, Others, Brain and Spinal, Head and Neck / Thyroid, Upper Gastrointestinal (Oesophagus / Stomach / Liver), Lower Gastrointestinal (Bowel / Rectum / Anus), Kidney, Bladder, Testicular, Sarcoma
(06) 348 7402
3 Koromiko Road
3 Koromiko Road
PO Box 7116
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:36AM on November 16, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Cancer Society Whanganui.