Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairāwhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui > Community Health and Social Services >
Community Health Service
9:30 AM to 2:30 PM.
Supporting New Zealanders with fertility issues - registered charity.
FertilityNZ walks alongside all people facing fertility challenges. We are a national organisation providing supporting and information services and advocating for all people concerned with reproductive health, infertility, fertility preservation and all forms of whānau building.
FertilityNZ was founded in 1990 and is a volunteer based registered charity.
The purpose of FertilityNZ is to:
- support and provide information and understanding for all people facing fertility challenges
- raise awareness about fertility issues and infertility
- provide a national voice for people affected by fertility issues and infertility
- provide information on causes, treatments, implications and impact of fertility issues and infertility - up to date, objective, and practical information means people can make informed choices about which paths to take
- represent the voice of the people affected by infertility on medical, ethical and policy issues
- provide opportunities to network and share experiences which helps remove the feelings of isolation felt by many people affected by fertility issues and infertility
- provide links between people affected by infertility and the doctors and specialists who provide treatment
- provide information and education so people can make choices which protect and enhance their fertility.
Fertility NZ has a vision of a "fertility friendly" and fertility aware New Zealand where:
- fertility issues and infertility are recognised, understood and supported
- all people faced with the medical condition of infertility have access to appropriate, timely and fully funded medical treatment
- men and women have all the information necessary to enable them to make informed decisions regarding their fertility
- young New Zealanders learn about fertility preservation
- fertility and all forms of whānau-building are respected and valued.
Fertility NZ provides support and information for people affected by fertility issues and infertility through:
- hosting in-person and online support groups
- running the Fertility Support Series workshops for people to learn, gather information and make connections with others at a similar stage to them
- runnng awareness-raising campaigns
- providing a help line through a toll free number, email and social media to provide personalised support
- providing up to date information to members through fact sheets, newsletters and our website fertilitynz.org.nz
- providing a forum for discussion and exploration of relevant issues
- hosting monthly webinars with specialists and experts on relevant topics
Adult / Pakeke
How do I access this service?
9:30 AM to 2:30 PM.
|Mon – Fri
|9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairāwhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui