Health Services and Health Clinics / Te Kakano
Health Services we provide include:
- Mauri Ora - a team of health professionals offer support, education, advice and care in all areas of health.
- Mother and Pepi - an educational programme providing skills and practical support to help you and your whanau prepare for the new arrival.
- Tamariki Ora / Well Child - a screening, surveillance, education and support service offered to all NZ tamariki and their whanau from birth to 5 years.
- Waewae-MiriMiri clinic - provides foot care and massage for kaumatua/kuia aged 60 years and over. Offered in the Bluff area only.
Te Kakano / Health Clinics
Our health clinics are held in Gore, Bluff and Mataura and provide a range of services including:
- Tamariki ora checks
- Rangatahi checks
- Cervical smears
- Sexual health checks and contraception advice
- Pregnancy testing
- Weight monitoring
- Blood sugar and blood pressure checks
- Heart, diabetes and breathing checks to identify your risk of illness
- Access to a podiatrist
- Access to a dietitian
- Helping you to develop a health plan to meet your goals
- Helping you know who and what is available to meet your health needs
For information on our Te Kakano click here
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:32PM on July 2, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Awarua Whanau Services.