Pacific Trust Otago (PTO) is a charitable organisation supporting the Otago Pacific community
Pacific Trust Otago (PTO) was formed in 1999 and, in 2002, registered as a charitable organisation to support the Pacific community of Otago. The primary focus of the Trust is to connect with our Otago Pacific community to offer support, activities, information and advice. Services provided include health, education and social services.
PTO promotes services to Pacific people to access health, education and social services.
The organisation has a governing body of representatives from seven ethnic groups from the Pacific islands.
The organisation is evolving from a small health provider to an organisation where social enterprise and business development within the Pacific community are growing.
The long term goal is to increase our connections with Pacific communities as well as other agencies and providers in Otago.
How do I access this service?
Pacific Island people
Community health services
- Well Child Tamariki Ora - our nurses provide health advice and information for mothers and babies from six weeks after birth.
- Health Link
- Sports Activities
Social support services
- Whanau Ora - we work in partnership with Pasifika Futures Ltd to support families and individuals make positive life changes through access to advice, planning and financial support. Our Whanau…
Social enterprise services
We actively seek to partner with other organisations for funding, skills, knowledge and information to support our services.
- Pacific Pods partner - we are in partnership with four Dunedin businesses…
- Pacific secondary students scholarships
- Rotai playgroup - parents and children meet once a week during the school term in a playgroup situation to socialise and play to learn. The…
- Pacific Island people
- Whanau Ora
Our services are free to access for New Zealand residents
Dunedin - South Otago
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 9:58AM on November 20, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Pacific Trust Otago.