Bay of Plenty, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairāwhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui > Community Health Services >
Parkinson's New Zealand
Community Health Service
Parkinson's Clinical Service
There are 25 nurses and community educators across New Zealand. They provide education, information and help people make informed decisions about living with Parkinson’s.
Nurses and Community educators can provide:
- home visits
- clinical support groups for members with similar needs or issues
- referrals to other health professionals and those who work with people with Parkinson’s in the community
- advice on monitoring of medication
- general advice
- social activities
- exercise and other therapies
- facilitate family/whānau meetings
- educational seminars.
For more information please go to www.parkinsons.org.nz
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:35PM on September 13, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Parkinson's New Zealand.