Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairāwhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui > Community Health Services >
People First New Zealand
Community Health Service
People First New Zealand Inc. Ngā Tāngata Tuatahi is a Disabled Persons Organisation (DPO) and a national self-advocacy organisation that is led and directed by people with learning (intellectual) disability.
People First is here to:
- make sure people with learning disability can speak up and be heard on things that are important to them in government, in services and in the community;
- represent people with a learning disability who cannot speak for themselves;
- promote the rights of people with learning disability.
People First NZ has:
- a free Disability Information and Advice Service for information about learning disability;
- free membership for people with learning disability, who are over 18 years of age;
- monthly local self-advocacy meetings held around New Zealand;
- leadership projects and opportunities for people with learning disability;
- courses for people with learning disability that services can contract us to deliver;
- a service to translate your information into Easy Read – a format that is easier for people to read and understand;
- members that are experienced disability advisory group representatives, and trained Meeting Assistants to assist them;
- Books and DVDs you can order.
Adult / Pakeke
How do I access this service?
|Mon – Fri||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Public Holidays: Closed Queen's Birthday (6 Jun), Matariki (24 Jun), Labour Day (24 Oct), Wellington Anniversary (23 Jan), Waitangi Day (6 Feb), Good Friday (7 Apr), Easter Sunday (9 Apr), Easter Monday (10 Apr), ANZAC Day (25 Apr).
Advocacy, Information & support, Injury, illness or disability
Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairāwhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui
173/175 Victoria Street
173/175 Victoria Street
P.O. Box 9199
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:04PM on February 10, 2022.