This service is a collaboration between Owhata Medical Centre, Lakes DHB and Tatou Pounamu (formerly Eastside Community Collective). The service arose out of the Eastside Child Friendly Initiative.
The aim is for every child who lives Eastside Rotorua to be safe and be able to reach their potential. Being healthy is important as it can determine the outcomes for our children. The focus of this service is children living within the Eastside of Rotorua aged between 0 - 18 years, their whanau and hapu mama.
NOTE: You do NOT need to be a patient at Owhata Medical Centre to take advantage of these services.
All services are FREE and they include:
- Transport to specialist appointments / GP visits or anything else health related
- Nursing clinics at Eastside early childhood centres
- Nursing clinic with access to doctor services on Wednesday evening for young people aged 0 to 18 years
- Medication available at clinics if required
- Support, transport, advocacy for hapu mama
- Support of community initiatives through sharing health information and carrying out health checks
- Care after discharge from hospital for Eastside residents with children
- Link to free counselling, family support, and navigation services
How do I access this service?
- Hospital transport/ shuttle
- The Piripoho Nurse can provide transport to specialist appointments / GP visits or anything else health related, if transport is an issue for the caregivers.
- Safe, approved forward facing and…
- The Piripoho Nurse regularly visits Eastside early childhood centres to do health checks for the children. If a child requires it, medication can be delivered that day to the child’s…
Family / whanau
- Postnatal support
- The Piripoho Nurse is able to support those Eastside residents who have children in their home, once they are discharged from hospital. This support can include nursing care, transport to…
Mother and child
- Postnatal support
- The Piripoho Nurse is able to assist hapu mama throughout their pregnancy and after the birth of their child. This support can include; assisting to find a midwife, transport to…
- The Piripoho Nurse works closely with the Mokoia Community Association to provide a wraparound service. You can be supported to access free counselling, navigation through different social services, and whanau…
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:45AM on January 29, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Piripoho Nursing Service.