Raukawa Charitable Trust - Health and Social Services
Community Health Service, Kaupapa Māori, Social
Wellness / healthy lifestyle
- Exercise and activity
- Healthy eating
Health Promotion Service - A professional service with a tikanga Māori approach that:
- Promotes the health and well-being of rangatahi Māori and their whānau/communities who lead more sedentary lives (ages 13 – 18 years) through increased levels of physical activity and improved nutrition.
- Targeted interventions for those who are obese
- Increased support for those at risk of becoming obese
- Broad approaches to make healthier choices easier for all New Zealanders.
- Supports parents to maximise their child’s developmental potential and health status from birth to 5 years and establishing a strong foundation for their ongoing healthy growth
- The focus is on food, the environment and being active at each life stage, starting during pregnancy and early childhood.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:50PM on February 9, 2022. This information is reviewed and edited by Raukawa Charitable Trust - Health and Social Services.