Sweet Louise is the only charitable organisation in New Zealand dedicated to supporting women and men living with secondary breast cancer (also known as advanced, stage 4 or metastatic breast cancer). It supports around 800 women and men a year in New Zealand who have been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer.
Sweet Louise is here to help those living with secondary breast cancer live as well as possible, for as long as possible. Membership to Sweet Louise is free, and once registered, members receive ongoing support, free of charge to help improve their quality of life.
Sweet Louise is fully aware of the challenges those living with secondary breast cancer face. To help ease the burden of a diagnosis, we provide members with financial, emotional and social support.
Sweet Louise members receive:
- Some financial assistance each year to spend on practical support including getting home meals delivered, garden and home maintenance, uplifting wellbeing experiences and family outings.
- Emotional support through regular contact with the charity’s Support Coordinators who are out in the community connecting with those who need them.
- Social support and creating connections between members through monthly member meetings, regular social events, and with an online support group.
- Practical workshops, social events and special giveaways.
You can register with Sweet Louise no matter where you live in New Zealand as access to our Support Coordinators and member communication is free regardless of location.
- Support during treatment
- Support for family/whānau/partners
- Support groups
|Mon – Fri||9:00 AM – 5:30 PM|
Public Holidays: Closed on all public holidays.
How to access this service
Telephone: 0800 11 22 77
Register online: www.sweetlouise.co.nz
Seven Support Coordinators spread across New Zealand.
1 Prosford Street
1 Prosford Street
PO Box 137 343
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:25PM on July 17, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Sweet Louise.