Whanau engagement services
Tuwharetoa Health provides services to connect whanau with the right support when they need. These services can work together in a complementary way to provide a wraparound package of support that can engage positively with whanau and help them to link into other community providers. Find more information here.
- Breast and Cervical Screening Support Service - a free breast cancer screening service for women between 45 and 69 years of age or any age where there is a history of breast cancer within the whanau. Also, a free cervical cancer screening service for women between 20 and 69 years of age or any age where there is a history of cervical cancer within the whanau
- Whanau Ora Navigation Service (Tiwhana) - whanau are supported by tiwhana (navigators) across a broad range of focus areas such as health, education, employment, housing and social services. Goals and aspirations are identified by the whanau and tiwhana provide assistance to achieve those goals.
The delivery of Whanau Ora services is a partnership between Tuwharetoa Health and Te Korowai Roopu Tautoko.
- Family Start - funded by Oranga Tamariki, this is a free home visiting programme that focuses on improving children’s growth and health, learning and relationships, family circumstances, environment and safety. We deliver Family Start services to the wider Taupo district including Turangi and Mangakino.
- Healthy Homes - this service supports whanau to make their homes warmer, drier and healthier. Support can include access to mould kits, bedding, draught stoppers, heating, insulation and education. The service is only offered in Turangi.
- Maori Disability Support Service - advocacy and support service for anyone who has a disability. To empower whanau to access services and achieve a positive outcome, to help ensure that services are delivered in a culturally appropriate manner.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:29PM on June 3, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Tūwharetoa Health Charitable Trust.