West Otago Health Medical Centre
Primary Healthcare Service
West Otago Health is a community owned general practice and rest home. We provide a wide range of services at our clinic such as family medicine, community nursing, midwife, physiotherapy, podiatry and we have specialists visit on a monthly basis.
We work in a professional, but casual manner, which fits our vision of care in the community.
Our team is made up of 1 GP (see details below under “General Practitioners”) and:
Practice Manager: Karen McHutchon (Registered Nurse)
Financial Administrator: Julia Body
Nursing Staff: Gina Mills (Nurse Practitioner), Emily Street (Registered Nurse), Donna Pringle (Registered Nurse), Dawn Jarvis (District Nurse) and Heather Park (Enrolled Nurse)
Receptionist: Bess Thomson, Kristin Calder and Heather Park (Enrolled Nurse)
General Practitioner - Vocationally Registered
|Mon||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Tue||8:30 AM – 5:30 PM|
|Wed – Fri||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
The after-hours service provided by our highly trained PRIME practitioners will be:
|Weekdays||5:00 PM - 10:30 PM|
|Weekends and Public Holidays||8:30 AM - 10:30 PM|
Please ring us so we can advise you over the phone or see you at the surgery when needed.
If you require a consultation outside of these times you can contact the Gore after-hours service who will see patients registered to West Otago Health.
Public Holidays: Closed on all public holidays.
Enrolling new patients
This practice is enrolling new patients.
English, Dutch, German
Enrolled Patient Fees
|Under 14 years||Free|
- The fees quoted above relate to patients enrolled with West Otago Health only.
- The payable fee relates to a standard 15 minute consultation during normal working hours, Monday to Friday inclusive.
- If the duration of the consultation is greater than 15 minutes, an extended consultation fee of $75 will apply.
ACCIDENT COMPENSATION CORPORATION (ACC) (with any provider)
|Age Group||Patient Co-payment|
|65 Years and over||$30|
- The fees quoted above relate to any consultation covered by ACC
- You do not have to be enrolled with West Otago Health to access services funded by ACC. Therefore, the fees above relate to everyone, irrespective of if you are enrolled with West Otago Health, or not.
CASUAL PATIENT CONSULTANT (with any provider)
Holder of a Community Services Card or High User Health Card
|18 Years and over||$95||$80|
- The fees quoted above relate to patients who utilise the services of West Otago Health on a casual basis and/or are registered with a medical practice elsewhere.
- The fee payable relates to a standard 15 minute consultation during normal working hours, Monday to Friday inclusive.
- If the duration of the consultation is greater than 15 minutes, an extended consultation fee will apply.
Adult and Child Medical Care
Your GP's surgery is far more than a place to go when you are feeling unwell and needing a quick cure. The doctor who sees you has gone through an…
Minor surgery is commonly provided in primary care practices, providing fast, competent removal and biopsies of skin lesions. Other services include cosmetic work such as removal of benign moles and…
Immunisations are provided at all primary care practices and are one of the most important services they provide. Immunisation has led to the decline of many lethal diseases including meningococcal…
Travel Advice / Immunisations
Another service offered to you at your GP surgery (primary care practice) is advice and immunisation before you go to another country. While you are likely to have the immunisations…
Dunedin - South Otago
(03) 204 8668
(03) 204 8667
50 Tapanui-Raes Junction Highway
50 Tapanui-Raes Junction Highway
PO Box 50
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:07PM on January 14, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by West Otago Health Medical Centre.