Primary Options for Acute Care (POAC)
The POAC service provides healthcare professionals access to a range of coordinated services to prevent unplanned and avoidable acute hospital attendances.
The aim of the POAC service is to provide timely and flexible community based healthcare which is responsive to the individual patient needs.
A range of community diagnostic, therapeutic and logistic services are provided at no cost (except the initial GP consultation) to the patient. These include:
- diagnostic procedures e.g. X-Ray, Ultrasound, CT, ECG
- extended services within the GP surgery
- GP or practice nurse home visits
- referral to Accident and Medical Centre (A&M)
- home nursing, home IV therapy
- personal cares/home help
- intravenous therapy
- transport to and from primary care locations
- rest home or private hospital care.
Opening Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Further information www.poac.co.nz or contact Deanna Williams (Service Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org