498 Hibiscus Coast Highway, Orewa
MotherWise is based on holistic philosophies that embrace the natural as much as safely possible, including:
- Working in partnership with the woman, ensuring they receive free and informed choice and consent throughout their childbirth experience; to enable us to jointly plan their maternity care.
- Encouraging the woman to embrace complementary naturopathic therapies - under the guidance of qualified practitioners as appropriate – which can have proven positive effects on shortening labour duration and reducing rates of intervention complications.
- Encouraging the woman to embrace natural pain relief management, including mobilisation (i.e. freedom of movement during labour), hydrotherapy (i.e. birthing pool), and hypnobirthing (meditative labour).
- Respecting that pregnancy, childbirth and the postnatal periods are a woman's natural life experience. Most pregnant, birthing or postnatal women (and babies) are usually well and therefore capable of having a normal vaginal birth, free of intervention.
- Respecting that pregnancy, childbirth and the postnatal periods are not always normal and may require appropriate specialist referral (e.g. obstetrician, paediatrician).
- Barbara Brinsdon – North Shore & Hibiscus Coast
- Gail Stockwell - North Shore & Hibiscus Coast/Weiti Midwife, back up to Barbara
Albany, Browns Bay, Campbells Bay, Castor Bay, Coatesville, Dairy Flat, Forrest Hill, Glenfield, Greenhithe, Long Bay, Mairangi Bay, Millwater, Murrays Bay, Northcross, North Harbour, Orewa, Pinehill, Red Beach, Rosedale, Rothesay Bay, Schnapper Rock, Silverdale, Stanmore Bay, Sunnynook, Torbay, Unsworth Heights, Waiake, Wairau Valley, Windsor Park
498 Hibiscus Coast Highway, Orewa
|Mon – Fri||8:30 AM – 5:30 PM|
How To Make An Appointment
When you first believe you may be pregnant, please phone or text us during business hours, Monday to Friday.
Antenatal Care (Pregnancy)
Because pregnancy care is so important for your health and the health of your baby, it is free for all NZ citizens, residents and many other visa holders. Your midwife…
Labour & Birth
Labour and Birth Care
Your midwife will be on-call for you and will attend your labour and birth. In the event that they are away or busy, they will have arranged a back-up midwife…
Postnatal Care (After Birth)
Staying in Hospital/Birth Centre After the Birth
After the birth you will be tired and busy getting to know your new baby. Most women who have had a normal birth stay in the hospital or birth centre…
Home Visits From a Midwife (From Birth to 4 - 6 Weeks)
Home visits provide an opportunity for you to discuss any concerns you have about your health or the health of your baby. Your midwife will assist you with breastfeeding and…
Ongoing Care for You and Your Baby
Your midwife will transfer the care of your baby to a Well Child / Tamariki Ora Service before your baby is 6 weeks old. Well Child / Tamariki Ora Health…
Waitemata DHB Maternity Services - North Shore Hospital
Click on the following link for more information on Waitemata DHB Maternity Services - North Shore Hospital.
Waitemata DHB Maternity Services - Waitakere Hospital
Click on the following link for more information on Waitemata DHB Maternity Services - Waitakere Hospital.
Warkworth Birthing Centre
Click on the following link for more information on Warkworth Birthing Centre.
Auckland DHB Labour and Birthing Suite
Click on the following link for more information on Auckland DHB Labour and Birthing Suite.
Click on the following link for more information on Birthcare.
Free parking available at all clinics
Would you recommend this service to family & friends?
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:02AM on March 12, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Motherwise Maternity.