Midwifery, New Zealand, 12 March 1999
I am an independent midwife working on the North Shore, Hibiscus Coast and rural areas around the Shore. Pregnancy and the birth experience are a special and exciting time in our lives and choosing a midwife is one of the considerations. I trained as a general nurse and worked as a midwife and a charge midwife in Johannesburg for many years before relocating to New Zealand in the late 1990s. I worked at National Women’s for a number of years before being approached by a dynamic group of midwives on the North Shore. The organisation and fantastic support of the midwives at Maternity Associates impressed me and I decided that it would be a fantastic opportunity for me to be an independent midwife.
I consider that pregnancy and birth are a normal part of life for healthy women but also realise the uniqueness of every woman.
I believe in respecting your choices and working together with you and those important to you. I will provide information and assistance to you to help you reach those decisions.
My Services Include:
- Free midwifery care.
- Regular health checks for you and your baby in an unhurried and relaxed atmosphere.
- Antenatal checks are at our clinic and all postnatal visits are in your home.
- Discuss issues that concern you.
- Provide continuity of care antenatally, labour and delivery and postnatal support up to six weeks.
- Referral to healthcare practitioners and specialists if required.
- I deliver at North Shore obstetric unit.
- Small case loads with full back up midwifery support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- I am a member of the College of Midwives and have an annual midwifery review.
Back-up midwife - Karen Martin 027 422 2697
12 March 1999
Anne Gouws is available at the following service:
This service is available at the following location:
3 Akoranga Drive, Northcote, Auckland
Come in the main entrance past the Glasshouse Cafe and you will find us at the end of the corridor. Parking pay and display in the carpark yellow spaces.