General and Obstetric Nurse, South Africa, 12 March 1999; Midwifery, South Africa, 12 March 1999; Preceptorship for Midwives, Waitemata DHB, New Zealand, 5 June 2015
I am an independent midwife working on the North Shore, Hibiscus Coast and rural areas around the Shore. Pregnancy and the birth experience are a special and exciting time in our lives and choosing a midwife is one of the considerations. I trained as a general nurse and worked as a midwife and a charge midwife in Johannesburg for many years before relocating to New Zealand in the late 1990s. I worked at National Women’s for a number of years before being approached by a dynamic group of midwives on the North Shore. The organisation and fantastic support of the midwives at Maternity Associates impressed me and I decided that it would be a fantastic opportunity for me to be an independent midwife.
I consider that pregnancy and birth are a normal part of life for healthy women but also realise the uniqueness of every woman.
I believe in respecting your choices and working together with you and those important to you. I will provide information and assistance to you to help you reach those decisions.
My Services Include:
- Free midwifery care.
- Regular health checks for you and your baby in an unhurried and relaxed atmosphere.
- Antenatal checks are at our clinic and all postnatal visits are in your home.
- Discuss issues that concern you.
- Provide continuity of care antenatally, labour and delivery and postnatal support up to six weeks.
- Referral to healthcare practitioners and specialists if required.
- I deliver at North Shore obstetric unit.
- Small case loads with full back up midwifery support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- I am a member of the College of Midwives and have an annual midwifery review.
Back-up midwife - Karen Martin 027 422 2697
12 March 1999
Anne Gouws is available at the following service:
This service is available at the following location: