Mental Health & Addictions>

How do I access or get to use one of these services?

Nearly all of the services here are accessed through a Community Mental Health Centre (CMHC). To get an appointment at a CMHC you can be referred by your GP. Some CMHCs will accept self referrals but it is best to phone them first to check – numbers for the CMHCs are on this website.

For those NGO services that can be accessed through a referral from your GP or by self-referral, these are clearly marked. The route for these referrals is also explained on each NGO service page. If in doubt please call the service and ask what to do.