3DHB Te Korowai Whāriki - Central Regional Forensic Community Mental Health Service
Mental Health & Addictions Service
Central Regional Forensic Youth Mental Health Service
- Programme Areas
- Programme Type
Wellington, Tairawhiti, Hawkes Bay, Whanganui, MidCentral, Wairarapa, Hutt
- Age Groups
- Referral Types
DHB clinical services, Corrections
Forensic youth community team
- Referrals are accepted for clients who come through a forensic inpatient pathway. The service is primarily for Special or Restricted patients who are transitioning from hospital or who are continuing to reside in the community on short or long leave and who remain under the care of the Forensic Service because of their legal status.
- Mental health referrals are sent to forensic community team for all prisoners who have been screened positive for mental health illness on entry to the prison
- Referrals can be sent via prison GPs or health units, justice liaison nurses, community mental health services and other regional forensic services.
Youth justice residential centres and youth offending units
- All young people entering these facilities are seen by the forensic youth team.
The Central Regional Forensic Youth Mental Health Service covers Wellington, Manawatu-Wanganui, Hawke’s Bay and Gisborne districts. Staff in this service are strategically placed throughout the region and have 3 specific areas of provision:
- Youth courts
- Youth offending unit
- Youth justice residential centres
(04) 918 2471
(04) 918 2477
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 1:24PM on October 2, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by 3DHB Te Korowai Whāriki - Central Regional Forensic Community Mental Health Service.