Mental Health & Addictions Service
- Programme Areas
Addictions - drug & alcohol
- Programme Type
Coexisting problems – mental health & addictions
All of New Zealand
- Age Groups
Adult, Older adult
- Referral Types
GP, DHB clinical services
Referral is generally arranged through a health professional, often a general practitioner, counsellor/psychotherapist/psychologist or psychiatrist. Urgent referrals can be made by telephone, while less urgent referrals can be made via letter, fax, email, or the website.
Access to our inpatient and day patient services differs, depending on how the prospective patient is to fund their treatment. Details of each main funding process are provided in the Referrers Guide attached. Funding types include:
- Private Paying Patients
- Ministry of Health
- Accident Compensation Corporation
- Ashburn Clinic Referrer's Guide (PDF, 9.4 MB)
A guide to the services we provide at Ashburn Clinic, and the pathways of referral to us.
Note: PDF downloads require the free Adobe Reader application to view.
Ashburn offers outpatient psychiatric services within our private grounds, and at outpatient clinics in Cromwell and Invercargill.
All our psychiatrists are skilled in assessment and a range of treatments.
• Psychiatric assessment, consultation and ongoing management of all adult, psychiatric disorders
• Psychiatric assessment for medicolegal, occupational or accident related reasons
• Psychotherapeutic assessment for ongoing psychotherapy.
- A Window on Ashburn (PARTIAL, 4.8 MB)
A guide to Ashburn Clinic.
Dunedin - South Otago
(03) 476 2092
(03) 476 4255
496 Taieri Road
496 Taieri Road
Private Bag 1916
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 4:27PM on June 25, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Ashburn Clinic.