Capital & Coast DHB - Te Whare O Matairangi - Acute and Intensive Inpatient Services
Mental Health & Addictions Service
Te Whare O Matairangi endeavours to work in a culturally appropriate way with all tangata whairor/consumers and their whanau and family. The unit receives support on cultural matters from:
- Te Whare Marie - Maori Mental Health Service provides support and input to the unit from a Maori cultural perspective. Kaumatua visits and attendance at hui about care may be requested by patients, their whanau or by staff
- Health Pasifika - Pacific Mental Health Service is available to support care from a Pasifika cultural perspective.
- Cultural Liaison Worker - provides individual support and advice to the care team on cultural matters
Acute and Intensive Inpatient Services
- Programme Areas
Crisis / acute, Mental health
- Programme Type
- Age Groups
- Referral Types
DHB clinical services
The Te Whare O Matairangi team provide acute and intensive inpatient services for people whose mental health needs cannot be met in their usual environment and require intensive care, treatment and support.
Treatment and Care covers the following:
- Assessment and treatment planning
- Individual and group therapeutic activities
- Information about mental illnesses and medication
- Links to community mental health teams and services
- Information and links to services in the community, including recreation, social, training, education, accommodation.
No fees apply.
(04) 385 5999
(04) 806 2739
Capital & Coast DHB
Te Taha Tauira
Te Taha Manaaki
Mein Street, Wellington
Private Bag 7902 Wellington South
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:02AM on May 11, 2017. This information is reviewed and edited by Capital & Coast DHB - Te Whare O Matairangi - Acute and Intensive Inpatient Services.