- Programme Areas
Mental health, Addictions - drug & alcohol, Addictions - other
- Programme Type
Community / social support (AOD), Community based support - other, Supported employment
- Age Groups
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services
To access this service, please complete the referral form and email it to us.
On receipt we will reply via email, or phone you to arrange an appointment.
- Referral Form 2018 (DOCX, 28.7 KB)
Earlink provides support to people with disabilities, including mental health, drug and addiction concerns and other barriers to work, who are looking to obtain and maintain employment. Supported Employment is considered to be one form of employment where wages are paid at at least minimum wage and employment is in the open workforce.
Supported Employment Services we provide:
- Help you find the job that will suit you, based on your preferences, strengths and experiences.
- Work closely with your other support services to aid in establishing a fully supportive back to work program.
- We find jobs in the open labour market. Jobs that suit your abilities not disabilities.
- Assist with ensuring a smooth transition from benefit to wages.
- Assist with any benefit problems a return to work might cause.
- Job search can start immediately.
- Once a job is found our supported employment consultants provide on-going support.
- We seek to work with your employer to ensure any difficulties are quickly and quietly worked through.
- Disclosure is your choice, however we encourage an open and honest relationship with your employer. It may depend on the amount of involvement we have in obtaining your job as to how we will shape your employment support.
Other ways we may help:
- Career counselling and career planning
- CV’s and cover letters
- Job interview practice
- Job shadowing
- Work experience placements
- Job coaching
- Employment agreement advice
- Access to MSD’s Mainstream programme
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:36PM on September 5, 2018. This information is reviewed and edited by Earthlink Inc.